Friday 30 November 2012

First try at the glass mat

This is my first attempt at Mary Konior's glass mat, in her book Tatting with Visual Patterns. It was a challenge for me. First problem, I just used some cheap white thread, not singed. And it even had a thick spot. Every time I had to undo a ring, it broke. And I made lots of errors in the pattern. It requires good concentration. But, please don't be discouraged, if you want to make it. I'm on muscle relaxers for my back and I always watch TV when I tat. All that, and I can't wait to make another one.


4 comments:

  1. Really great for a first!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did very well, and it looks lovely ok you say you made mistakes but if you had not said I would never have known, well done
    I watch TV tatting too
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, I did make mistakes, but a fixed them. I'm too stubborn to let it be anything but my best.

    ReplyDelete