Just finished this baby blanket. It's to put on top of the baby while it's in a car seat. The straps hook over the car seat handle. I enjoyed making the blanket, but the puppy was too fiddly for my taste. Well it's for our first grandchild who's due in Aug. So, it's special. I got the kit and pattern from Mary Maxim, started and didn't like their pattern or the sport yarn. So I bought worsted yarn and used a different pattern. I kept the puppy.
I painted this about a month ago. But, I didn't like the tree in the foreground. A friend advised me how to redo it. So this morning, I redid it. I like it better, but I'm still not thrilled. My husband says it's a pine, they are a scrawny tree.
I found this picture on Facebook. I love it. It's on a crocheters site. I'm debating what I'd put on it for a meme.
Well there's row 7. I won't be able to fit it in the scanner anymore. I like the butterfly row. Alas, I am not able to continue for a while. It is bothering my frozen rotater cuff. Especially my bicep. That is very frustrating. I need to finish a crochetted baby blanket for my first grandchild also, but that bothers the arm too. Baby due in Aug, so hopefully I can get back to it soon. 😓
Here's another tatting on an alcohol ink background. We were supposed to created a forest. My daughter had the good idea to tat some small forest friends and glue onto it. Ceramic is difficult to glue anything to, but I found some very good glue for this one. Worked better than Crazy glue or Gorilla glue. It's call Elmer's Craft Bond. It's for gluing embellishments like rhinestones and gems. It even worked good for the hangers on the back. My hangers are soda pop tabs.
Bev from South Australia gave me this inspiration. I painted alcohol ink on a square of ceramic tile. Then tatted the fish, star fish and mermaid. It was very hard to glue. Crazy glue didn't want to work and Gorilla glue took forever to dry. But, at last it's done.