About Me

My photo
I retired early because my legs don't like holding me up for too long. So now I can do things in my own time. I like to sell things at farmers market. Most of which, I've made myself, e.g. homemade soap, crochet dish cloths, hand towels, baby afghans and of course,..tatting.

Friday, 30 November 2012

First try at the glass mat

This is my first attempt at Mary Konior's glass mat, in her book Tatting with Visual Patterns. It was a challenge for me. First problem, I just used some cheap white thread, not singed. And it even had a thick spot. Every time I had to undo a ring, it broke. And I made lots of errors in the pattern. It requires good concentration. But, please don't be discouraged, if you want to make it. I'm on muscle relaxers for my back and I always watch TV when I tat. All that, and I can't wait to make another one.


4 comments:

  1. Really great for a first!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did very well, and it looks lovely ok you say you made mistakes but if you had not said I would never have known, well done
    I watch TV tatting too
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, I did make mistakes, but a fixed them. I'm too stubborn to let it be anything but my best.

    ReplyDelete