About Me

My photo
I retired early because my legs don't like holding me up for too long. So now I can do things in my own time. I like to sell things at farmers market. Most of which, I've made myself, e.g. homemade soap, crochet dish cloths, hand towels, baby afghans and of course,..tatting.

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Hankie doily and Christmas angel

 This hankie doily was made by my aunt. She passed away about 15 years ago. She was a tatter. I didn't learn from her. Wish I had. This was such a smart idea. Using a hankie in the middle. It's not tatted, but a person could use tatting to do it.
This is Joanne Engelbrecht's Christmas angel 2012. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but mine turned out a bit full figured. My daughter named after the hippo from the movie Madagascar. Gloria.

7 comments:

  1. The hankie is so delicate and I just visited a blog where a lady made some lace just like that it is called "piaceredelricamo.blogspot.com" . I love your angel she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea to use a hankie a the center of a larger piece.
    Gloria looks good to me. What an appropriate name for an angel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hankie is beautiful, good idea. Full figured angel, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hankie, and Gloria is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hanky, and great fairy not all Fairies are tiny some just have to be a little more rounded than others.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you enjoy vintage hankies here are a lot more crafting ides for vintage handkerchiefs
    http://www.nanaluluslinensandhandkerchiefs.com/Articles.asp?ID=257

    ReplyDelete