About Me

My photo
I retired early because my legs don't like holding me up for too long. So now I can do things in my own time. I like to sell things at farmers market. Most of which, I've made myself, e.g. homemade soap, crochet dish cloths, hand towels, baby afghans and of course,..tatting.

Monday, 30 May 2016

Still Not Tatting

I'm still unable to tat because of my strained thumb. I've had a couple acupuncture treatments, but it's still not 100%. I have a prescription for something like Voltaren only 10 times stronger. It helps a lot. But I sure don't want a repeat performance on this thumb. So I continue being tatterless.



3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, it can be so frustrating ! And one can't even twiddle one's thumbs :-( ((my pitiful attempt to bring in a bit of humour)). Love the chimp and hope your thumb heals soon.
    I was inspired by your doubled spinning wheel and am tatting that for my snood.
    Best wishes & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Tatting is usually our go-to when we are down, and it's denied to you at the moment. I don't know how long it is going to take you to heal, but Helen Chesno wrote a book called "Tatting with One Hand." I also remember that Yarnplayer had a tatting student who learned to tat one-handed and she has pictures on her blog. If you think you might like the challenge of giving it a try, she has pictures at her blog: http://yarnplayertats.blogspot.com/2011/07/one-handed-tatting-ring.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I missed this update. I am so sorry to hear that you can't tat right now! I hope you at least get to see what others are tatting and get inspired while you are healing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete