Wednesday 28 October 2015

Christmas ornaments

Having a ball with the Christmas ornaments. The tree in the middle is my first try at a Jan Stawasz's creation.The book arrived a couple days ago. I had a couple false starts, so I went with some thread I have an abundance of. It's a size 30, not 10 like he used. The two on the top left and right are Betsy Evans. I like the nice points.
The bottom right is one I bought from Etsy. It's from Romana Stelmach. And I'm still making Eileen Stafford's angles. I added a 3rd row and put some beads on the bottom halo and wing tips. I made it ruffly.
The two in the middle outer edge are Lene Bjorn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting, Eleventh day of December. And The top middle is the same book..the fifth day of December.
Last is the bottom left. That was a error. I was trying to make the eleventh day of Dec. and made a mistake. Rather than throw it out, I just continued and finished it the was it was going.
I sold two angels while at my mother's place, so now I get to make more of those. So, more to come.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice snowflakes. I keep my snowflake mistakes too as they still look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too, they morph into some really cool flakes :) You got more than I on your ornaments :) I am working on it! I too want to try that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous snowflakes, tree and angel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete